Choose Dental Insurance to make your dental treatment more affordable.
HOW DOES DENTAL INSURANCE WORK?
• Firstly, you must choose the start date of your dental plan. Treatment before the start date will not be reimbursed.
• You must have completed your treatment, have paid the dentist and obtained an itemised receipt. We will provide you with this either for every visit or at the end of a whole course of treatment.
• The treatment you will have received will be clearly stated on the receipt.
• You can now submit your claim; some companies have claim forms which are posted, other companies allow you to do it online, where you will also be able to track its progress and view the outcome of all the claims you have made in the last 12 months.
• Insurance companies will process your claim and send payment or pay directly into your bank account.
• The amount of money paid depends on what level of insurance you have. Before you start treatment, it is useful to discuss your cover with your dentist to confirm the amount of remuneration.
• Routine check-ups and dental hygiene appointments are usually covered in full.
• For other dental treatments (fillings, crowns, inlays, root canals, etc) a percentage of the total amount is paid (ranging from 50% to 100%) again depending on your cover.
• Emergency one-off treatment is usually covered 100% (seeing a patient on the day with extreme toothache to get that patient out of pain).
If you have any questions, please ask any member of our team and we will gladly explain how you could benefit from it.